Traffic Control

    I'm not sure where the intersection is between mainstream and DID therapy, but I'm thinking that part of it lies in cuing. If 3 does the guitar and I want to practice, then I block off an hour for 3. Switching is important, so I should make sure I'm scheduling some time for each. I get so overwhelmed with planning tasks. I freeze from the get-go. I sit and stare. Starts and stops. What's worse is when someone tries to take over. Then I move towards panic or fight flight. 
    In the hospital I just shut down. I could see people weren't listening, so I didn't engage. No point. I didn't have the energy or strength to fight them. I don't know what Gullet thought. We barely spoke. McClinton was frantic, but I was dissociative. Not totally there. I know she tried. There wasn't much they could do. Not in that environment. Quetiapine reduced the symptoms, but I had too many adverse effects. So now aripiprazole. And counseling to think through the rest. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disconnect

Carolina Drugs (By Ashes and Dr. Dust)

Minipress (Prazosin)