Sometimes, hard times are necessary. It helps to give people perspective on what is truly important. It helps to drive people forward. Like when leaves had to go away. It helped me to make change. It helped me to start seeing some of the things that were not right in my life. Sometimes, being alone is necessary, too. Helps people to focus. for me, I feel like I tried to be there for the kids. They kept me going sometimes. Them, and people like Elle. I don't worry so much about Prichards. Or McClean. I worry what's going to happen down here. Where I am. But I feel like I need some isolation. So that I know what to focus on. I need to figure out how to do this differently. My life has seemed so chaotic and lacking in structure. So driven. So much activity with little rhyme or reason. Less activity, more purpose.
Popular posts from this blog
Disconnect
The voice on the phone was familiar to him and still talking, but he had stopped listening several minutes ago. She obviously didn't realize this because the cadence did not change. He was far away, floating somewhere far above where he lay sprawled on the floor, his tense hand still clutching the cold receiver in some sort of karate death grip. His breaths were slow and shallow, his body motionless, and from the vacant look in his eye, one might mistake him for dead and gone. But Eddie was very much alive on a physical level, even if emotionally he was numb. He could still hear her words in the distance. He didn't really need to hear them. He knew what the message was. In some sense he had seen this coming. He never acknowledged it, of course, but the gnawing dread, the feeling of falling, had been there in the background for quite some time. The words themselves were unimportant and expected, words like "time", "space", and "different". Yet s...
Carolina Drugs (By Ashes and Dr. Dust)
Carolina Drugs! ((Chorus)) Carolina...knows how to drug me! Carolina...knows how to drug me! In the citaaay of GSP (yeah, yeah) In the citaaay of good ol' gReedy In the citaaay, the city of Maudlin We keep it druggin! We keep it druggin! Yeah! Now let me welcome every patient to the mild, mild South! A state that's untouchable like Jesus himself. The pills hit ya esophagus and soon ya depressed Pack a script in your pocket, seek out EMS We inna Palmetto state wit our gospel and country A state where ya never find a waiting room empty Pharms on a mission for the perfect drug Selling it up with the CHING and a snarky shrug I been in the game for 30 years bein loons Now Memorial switched itself to Maroons Back in '97 they used to chart me N watch me Scrubs shinin like I robbed tha supply room It's all blessed, from the foothills to tha harbor My minds running around, back and forth, now it's farther Throw up a script if ya think they fixed me Ashes puttin it down for ...
Comments
Post a Comment
Please let me know what you think.